Marketers on Demand
Toronto – ON
We are currently hiring for a Chief Technology Officer. In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the Systems function for the entire organization. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Systems function is operating efficiently and effectively and that the function is able to meet the demands of the business as it continues to scale up.
This position requires someone with high experience, looking to challenge themselves in a growing SMB environment, demonstrated passion for cloud and web-based technologies, and who wishes to showcase their experience in leadership, solution architecture, project management, process development, and budget management.
Whilst you will be primarily managing internal resources and external agencies, you need to have the technical know-how to troubleshoot issues and work with developers to get projects over the line. Therefore while software development is not a primary function for this role, a background in PHP, MYSQL, and LAMP Stack experience would be extremely advantageous.
- Develop, grow and manage our IT Service, Infrastructure, and Development functions
- Manage Systems projects on time and within budget
- Manage all technical resources within the business including employees, contractors, and agencies
- Ensure the continued smooth operation of existing systems as the business continues to grow
- Provide solution architecture expertise to enable business growth
- Enhance, refine and enforce systems processes within the business
- Ensure quality standards are being met through rigorous documentation, testing, code release, and code review processes
- Manage and monitor the costs of infrastructure, software, and resources within the Systems function
- At least 12+ years of work experience
- 5+ years of CTO or Technical Management experience
- Demonstrated command of cloud and web-based technologies
- Proven solution architecture skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects from concept to go-live
- Experience evaluating business requirements & processes and developing business requirements documents
- The ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Experience managing a variety of technical human resources across multiple timezones
- Technical process development and management skills
- A rigorous approach to testing and quality control
- Experience working with cloud-based applications (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience working with cloud-based servers (e.g. AWS)
- Experience working with e-commerce applications (e.g. Magento)
- LAMP Stack Management experience
- Experience in Salesforce administration and cloud integration tools would be a plus, but is not required
**Please ONLY apply if you have a Valid Work Permit, PR Status, or Canadian Citizenship. EToD / MoD does not provide any sponsorship for Work Permits or Immigration.**
Have a referral? Get paid up to $1,500 if they’re hired!
Share in your network by selecting one of the social media buttons below!